Notices

Thread: Moving addons

1. #1 Moving addons 
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    I am new to this forum, technology, and the Kodi world. So if anyone knows how to do this, I would sincerely appreciate any instructions provided to be broken down as much as possible so an old lady like me can keep up! My son in law usually does these things for me, but he will not be able to come to my home for a while.

At any rate, I have downloaded an addon onto my computer... Can anyone tell me how I can get the download from my computer to my firestick or if that is even possible? I had read somewhere that you can use a thumb drive, but I do not have one of those readily available.

I hope I am posting in the right location and apologize in advance, I am sure this has been asked before. I tried to do a search, but have no idea what this would be called, so I didn't find any results.
    I appreciate any help anyone can give me!

edit: Actually, after posting this, I see another spot that this question may have been better suited, but now I don't know how to delete or move my post. Once again, I apologize, I have no idea what I am doing yet! :-(
    Last edited by kirsta87; 01-12-2017 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks
    What device are you using? I would assume a Android of sort. If you can download the addon with the device instead of the computer that would be better. Not all devices can do that. If you have a Fire Stick you can only do this with your computer and you will need ADB Fire (I believe it is called).

If you are downloading an addon it tells me that it is not supported here. If it were and your device was setup IAW our forum and Fusion, you would not have to download the addon on your computer. So what is the addon? Do you Have fusion on your device?

Thanks
    I have an Amazon firestick. I attempted to download firefox onto the firestick and download from there, however the site refused to load on the stick. I do not have Fusion downloaded on to the device, but I can certainly download it. Is ADB Fire something I download to my computer or to the firestick? I will research that.

The addon I am trying to get can be found here (I hope it is okay to post a link, I was banned from another forum for this...): http://www.hdsports.ca/live/
    at the bottom of the page it says "get our kodi addon". I click on it and it automatically downloads it to my computer. I'm sorry, I'm not sure what addons are supported or not. since I'm still learning, I didn't post the addon because I didn't want to get the boot! So I just made kind of a blanket statement.

Thanks
    Yeah this addon is not supported here. I can't have a good look at it on my work computer but it seems to me it is a paid addon which are banned here. There are plenty of good, free sports addon on this site that you can easily get using Fusion.
    Here is a tutorial on how to set Fusion as your source
    https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/
    Once you have Fusion, get the addon installer. Follow this tutorial
    https://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/
    Then I would suggest you get some of these addons for sports
    Pro sport
    NHL Streams
    Phoenix
    There are more but these 3 will get you going.

PS You won't get the boot here for not knowing what we support, you will simply be told not to discuss paid addons or addons that are not supported. I would suggest you read the various forums to learn which are supported here. There is no need to get anything from outside our walls. Most paid addons are the same as what we have on TVAddons but ours are free.

As to your other question, the ADB Fire has to be downloaded to your computer to side load various items to your stick.

Enjoy learning.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RavRob For This Useful Post:

HUF