Notices
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance tool keep getting Errors when deleting Packages

1. #1 Maintenance tool keep getting Errors when deleting Packages 
    Thanks
    I am having trouble with my Maintenance tool . I keep getting Errors Deleting Packages . It dose it on all three of my maintenance addons . Anybody no how to fix it .

Thanks
    I came here for some help . Come on their has to be someone out their that can help .

Thanks
    I would like to help, but I personally no longer use the maintenance tool here because I found others that better suit my needs and wants better...

If you want help, it's best to also give the helpers some help by giving more information, what version of Kodi, what OS, what type of hardware, and usually the best bit of information a log that captures the issue you are having...

Thanks
    If you are having problems deleting old packages automatically via a tool then go in and delete them manually. It's just a directory containing a load of.zip files.

I don't use the the Maintenance Tool either, I thought it was classed as buggy ages ago. You say you are using three add-ons so I'm not sure what the other two you refer to are.

Thanks
    Meed do you mind telling me what you use .

Thanks
    Purge packages works it's erase logs which gives an error I would suggest you restart your kodi, also if you have a build installed I would say delete it as it may be giving you the main error which some do.
    Twitter @HUF01

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoofer View Post
    If you are having problems deleting old packages automatically via a tool then go in and delete them manually. It's just a directory containing a load of.zip files.

I don't use the the Maintenance Tool either, I thought it was classed as buggy ages ago. You say you are using three add-ons so I'm not sure what the other two you refer to are.
    Can you tell me where the directory is located ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
    Meed do you mind telling me what you use .
    I prefer the cleaning to be automated upon starting Kodi, so I use Merlin Auto Cleaner and/or KodiMaster Maintenance... Merlin is designed to only be done at startup, KodiMaster allows it to be set to run at startup or do it manually when and if you need or want...

Do note almost all these maintenance tools are 'borrowed' code, there is nothing all the special or unique about any of them, they just delete directories and files...

Or as said just use a file manager and delete the folders, location of folder will vary by OS...

Thanks
    Post a debug log.
    Or like Stoofer said, just delete it manually. There is a bit a misconception about how often you need to do this.
    Like Stoofer also mentioned the packages folder just contains all your old addon.zip files !
    I wouldn't recommend installing any old repository just to get some maintenance tool, these people have a tendency to put other shit in their repositorys like modified modules and scripts with bumped version numbers that can cause more problems.

If your struggling with disk space in general it's worth reading this.
    http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Reduce_disk_space_usage

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by invisable; 01-12-2017 at 04:26 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by invisable View Post
    I wouldn't recommend installing any old repository just to get some maintenance tool, these people have a tendency to put other shit in their repositorys like modified modules and scripts with bumped version numbers that can cause more problems.
    I agree with that, but you can always just download the package and side load it as well or just delete the repo after you get what you want, not everything from other repos is evil and not every repo is evil either...

There is a bit a misconception about how often you need to do this.
    There is not a single answer on how often, on a PC or other device with huge amounts of storage you can do it much less frequently than you can on a device with very limited storage... It also depends on how much 'browsing' you do, if you have the skin set to a view that pulls down a lot of art, the temp files bloat up quite fast... It's really amazing how fast you can eat up hundreds of megs of storage space sometimes...
    Last edited by Meep; 01-12-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast