Notices

Thread: Earthcam Addon still active?

1. #1 Earthcam Addon still active? 
    Thanks
    Hello everyone,

I love the EartchCam addon but what is a bit disheartening is that a lot of the webcams from the EarthCam website are not available in the addon.

I know the devs here do a lot of work on their addons and I am very appreciative of them for doing so but I was just wondering if anyone was still working on EarthCam?

Many thanks!

Thanks
    yes !!!! great addon!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICNIGHTS View Post
    yes !!!! great addon!!
    I'm not sure it's being updated anymore, the official Earthcam thread has been locked

Thanks
    Still working great.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RavRob View Post
    Still working great.
    Definitely working great but I wish it had more webcams from the EarthCam website. It's a shame.

Thanks
    Am I the only one that it takes forever for cameras to time out? Can that not be shortened? The working circle just spins for 5 minutes on broken links.
    Love this addon but frustrated.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by droidal View Post
    Am I the only one that it takes forever for cameras to time out? Can that not be shortened? The working circle just spins for 5 minutes on broken links.
    Love this addon but frustrated.
    Thanks
    Yup.. the good ol annoying [...working] that never ends and nor can be canceled when it happens.
    Uninstalled earthcam for your same reason. ..working... more like...it's... not working.

* Earthcam v1.0.9 addon hasn't been updated in a while i don't think.. Dec-31-2014?
    Just seen on another forum by their log file post.....
    In channel.py script.. There's a timeout=180 in two locations. (180 seconds = 3 minutes)
    Are you sure it's 5 minutes? and not 3 minutes? Can you time it again and see for sure the minutes?
    If it's 3 minutes.. then I could edit that script and see if that would fix it.
    .. If no reply.. i will check it myself when i get the time.. to reinstall the addon.. and check the timeout mins.
    ... cause I know I never waited no 3 minutes for it to timeout.. lol no way. more like 45 seconds tops.

Other addons have the same problem as well..with live links.. and live cctv cam links.
    .. maybe i'll check their script as well later for that timeout= setting.
    .. and make them all timeout=25 seconds. (cause if it don't play in 25 seconds or less.. it's never going to.)
    .. Cause 3 minutes is way too long to wait indeed.. I will never wait that long.

But yeah. A nice setting for the working message timeout would be an awesome thing to have.
    If [..working] displays for more than [30 seconds] Auto end the work task. yeah kodi :-/ lol
    Sounds like it would be real simple to add that into kodi by the kodi devolopers. :-/
    .. then that setting would apply to all addons. and thus no more hanging on ...working.

I added a Restart Kodi buttun to my menu.. kills kodi and auto restarts it. for windows. how-to is on here.
    .. cause I don't have a wireless keyboard.. i use yatse wifi remote on android tablet. using kodi on windows.
    but yeah.. a wireless keyboard.. ctrl+alt+delete.. select kodi an end its task.. then click kodi again to launch it.
    That's just way more clicking that way. mine is a one click operation. hehe... ;--)

Thanks
    I was messing around on it recently and everything seemed to be working fine.

Thanks
    Appears to be dead now.